Super Babies is the only Early Stimulation Center that offers an integral program, whose objective is to maximize the first two years of baby’s life, achieving the optimal development of their motor, cognitive, affective, linguistic and social skills in an environment where they will live unique experiences.
Super Babies methodology is based on activities that develop Early Stimulation from all its areas: on the floor, in water, musical, sensory, language, physical.
Additionally, we use Learning Centers, which consist of workstations adapted to each stage of the baby, where all activities are accompanied by music and movement. All this process accompanied by a teacher, enhances learning and strengthens the bond between parents and babies.
Early Stimulation classes vary every week so that throughout the month we work on different techniques and objectives. Some of them are:
- Multi-Sensory Class
- Baby move Class
- Brain Gym Class
- Baby Yoga Class
- Texture Class
- Music Class
- Sign language Class
- Physical therapy
Within the program we also have gymnastics, art and water stimulation classes, the latter being taught in the Little Swimmers heated pool, within our own campus.
We also offer different workshops, in which we provide support so that our families can enjoy and really live each developmental stage with their babies.
- Doman Method (reading, mathematics and encyclopedic knowledge): Super Babies has been certified for more than 6 years, we use the Doman method in classes and we also train parents so that they can apply it at home.
- Baby Led Weaning Workshop: This workshop will help you start the formal feeding process of your baby. Our nutritionist, will be in charge of guiding you during this period.
- Sleep Workshop: We want our families to sleep better! For this reason we designed this workshop to teach them to establish optimal sleep routines and patterns for the baby’s development.
- Infant Massage Course: The objective of this course is to create a special bond through affective touch with the baby. You will learn all the techniques and ways to massage babies at home. We offer it every two months and has no additional cost when you’re part of the program.
- Monthly Talks: As part of the accompaniment that we give to parents, we have a program of talks given by specialists on all issues related to child development.
- Monitoring of the baby’s development 24/7, via e-mail and WhatsApp.
Baby Spa is a sanctuary for babies and their parents. We offer sessions that combine the best of hydrotherapy methods, swimming and masotherapy based on the Doman method. Being the first and only Baby Spa in Costa Rica, with our own eclectic methodology for the integral stimulation of babies.
The specially designed baby flotation devices that we use (in some of our sessions) hold babies in the water; allowing them a freedom of movement that they would not otherwise experience.
Each visit to our Baby Spa involves a series of learning experiences, derived from both water and massage, lights and movement.
Particular attention is paid to providing the appropriate amount of stimulation, taking into consideration the baby’s age and individual sensory threshold.
YOUR BABY’S BRAIN AND MUSCLES GROW WITH USE
Hydrotherapy supports physical and mental development and your baby’s ability to move with control and act with purpose on the floor. The more your baby can use his brain and muscles, the stronger they will grow.
At Baby Spa, your baby will find the freedom and space he needs and, most importantly, have fun while learning at his own pace.
TIME IN THE WATER IS ALWAYS TIME WELL INVESTED!
As your baby moves through the water, the small rocking waves will help improve his balance and coordination and support his ability to crawl, walk, and swim. Even if your baby falls asleep in the water, the rocking will continue with his rhythmic breathing.
The sensation of floating in warm water puts babies completely at ease and can promote a number of key benefits:
- Muscle and skeletal strength increases thanks to the gentle resistance of the water.
- Movement through water has a positive effect on the digestive and circulatory systems, which can reduce meconium levels and reduce the risk of jaundice three to four days after birth.
- The subtle pressure of water on the chest can increase lung capacity by strengthening the intercostal muscles and the respiratory system.
- Regular visits can benefit the cardiovascular system.
- Innate swimming reflexes are stimulated and coordination develops as they learn to control their movements.
BENEFITS OF BABY MASSAGE
– Promoting of the bond between parents and children and a secure attachment.
- This facilitates their emotional and cognitive development (that is, the ability to learn).
- – Supports the stimulation of the digestive and circulatory systems, reducing the discomfort of constipation and colic
- – Relaxation: the combination of being in warm water along with a massage promotes relaxation and supports the improvement of sleep patterns, leading to better attention, working memory and emotional regulation in children.
BENEFITS FOR PARENTS
– Read and respect the signals: become familiar with the behavior states and the signals of your baby.
- – Provide quality bonding time for parents and baby through interaction, relaxation, observation, and communication.
– Improved parenting skills that lead to better self-esteem and confidence and help with postpartum depression.
Super Babies Director
Known by all the kids as Teacher Andy. I have been the Super Babies Director for six years, I have more than fifteen years of professional experience in the educational field and working with children. I graduated in Preschool Education Sciences with an emphasis in Bilingual Teaching at the Universidad Latina de Costa Rica, and I have a Master's Degree in General Education from Framingham State College and another in Educational Leadership. I am a Specialist in Early Stimulation, this being one of the most important pillars of Super Babies, Certified Infant Massage Instructor and I have had the opportunity to prepare myself in brain development techniques for children.
I recently started my blog “The Mommy Life", a page full of experiences, tips and magical moments addressed to all of us who love being dads and moms.